Understanding New Religions
• George D. Chryssides, Exploring New Religions (London and New York: Cassell, 1999).
• Lorne L. Dawson, Comprehending Cults: The Sociology of New Religious Movements (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1998).
• Irving Hexham and Karla Poewe, New Religions as Global Cultures: Making the Human Sacred (Boulder, CO: Westview Press, 1997).
• Philip Jenkins, Mystics and Messiahs: Cults and New Religions in American History (New York: Oxford University Press, 2000).
• John A. Saliba, Understanding New Religious Movements, 2nd ed. (Walnut Creek, CA: AltaMira Press, 2003).
• Michael T. Cooper, ed., Perspectives on Post-Christendom Spiritualities: Reflections on New Religious Movements and Western Spiritualities (Sydney, Australia: Morling Press and Lausanne Committee for World Evangelization, 2010), electronic version available at www.sacredtribespress.com.
• Irving Hexham, Stephen Rost, and John W. Morehead II, eds., Encountering New Religious Movements: A Holistic Evangelical Approach (Grand Rapids, MI: Kregel, 2004).
• Philip Johnson, Apologetics, Mission & New Religious Movements: A Holistic Approach (Salt Lake City, UT: Sacred Tribes Press, 2010), available at www.sacredtribespress.com.
• Philip Johnson, Anne C. Harper, and John W. Morehead, eds., “Religious and Non-Religious Spirituality in the Western World (“New Age”),” Lausanne Occasional Paper No. 45 (Sydney, Australia: Lausanne Committee for World Evangelization and Morling Theological College, 2004), available at http://www.lausanne.org/en/documents/lops/860-lop-45.html.
• Philip Johnson and Gus diZerega, Beyond the Burning Times: A Pagan and Christian in Dialogue, ed. John W. Morehead (Oxford: Lion Hudson, 2008).
• J. Gordon Melton, “New Religious Movements: Dialogues Beyond Stereotypes and Labels,” in Christian Approaches to Other Faiths, ed. Alan Race and Paul M. Hedges, 308–23 (London: SCP Press, 2008).
• Paul Louis Metzger, Connecting Christ: How to Discuss Jesus in a World of Diverse Paths (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2012).
• John A. Saliba, “Dialogue with the New Religious Movements: Issues and Prospects,” Journal of Ecumenical Studies 30, no. 1 (Winter 1993): 51–80.